Monday, April 7, 2014

From the trenches!


Kicking off week four with a post from the trenches (a.k.a my chemo room shown above.....for those of you who are wondering what this whole deal looks like!) What better way to spend the 3 hours it takes to pump this junk into my system? Well at least until I fall asleep.....one of those concoctions makes me ridiculously sleepy!
Once I leave here I have to run (literally) down to radiation. They cut things so close around here! Then it's off to pick up Anna from the airport! Anna has been a lot of things to me throughout my life: my cousin,  my best friend, and my roommate for a bit! It only makes sense that she's here now! I'm sure the next week will be jam packed with Casella girls craziness!
With another round of chemo came another jewel for my bracelet via my mom and Mikey. This time the jewel of choice was balance.  I'm loving this bracelet and the little rays of sunshine it's giving throughout this whole ordeal. When I least expect it, I get another reminder of 1. how amazing my family is and 2. that I have everything I need to win this battle! Bring on week 4!

Hurdles:
-saying good-bye to my dad. Just having him here felt good. Something about having your parents around during these times of need makes you feel protected and taken care of regardless of the situation. Even if he refused to watch anything except History Channel, Supernatural, and all of those junk picker shows! Luckily, he'll be back in a couple of weeks!

Jewels:
-Another fun weekend in San Antonio thanks to my mom! It's so refreshing to get away on the weekends!
-my mom is here and cooking for me! Woo Hoo!!! But more than that, just having her here makes things feel right. She is not only my mom, but my cheerleader, shoulder to cry on, and best friend! So glad she felt the need to rush back because I was secretly hoping she would!
-Brandt was able to stay for another week! My support system is #1 in this battle!
-Anna's coming today!
River Walk with the fam

My Dad's last day of yoga

Ice Cream!
Alamo family selfie!

Told you it makes me sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment