Friday, April 4, 2014

With a little help from my friends!

Thank you Alea! This has been my anthem!
Friday marks the end of week 3! I'm at the half way point and I'm still feeling good overall. Like I said in my last post, I have my ehhhh days but they're tolerable. My blah feelings towards food midweek cause me to lose a few pounds but I make up for it on the weekend when I'm ravenous so I stay in the dietitians good graces! Dr. Wonderful said I was making his job too easy due to my lack of complaints! Ha! Easy for him? No complaints makes it easy for me! They keep warning that the side effects will kick in here any time, but I'm secretly hoping they won't! The way I see it is, I'm already half way finished.....if those side effects can stay at bay another week or two then I'll only have to live with them for a couple of weeks until treatment ends. I can do anything for a couple of weeks. Remind me I said this when I'm in week 5 and 6! Everything else is going well. Surprisingly, my dad is doing well in Yoga! Who would have thought?! He actually said he likes it! Tomorrow will be his last session before he heads back to WPB and I'm pretty sure he's going to miss it! I'm so proud of him :) We'll see if I can talk him into going to a class back home! I on the other hand, am pretty sure I have T-Rex arms because they don't seem long enough to do some of the things they're asking me to do! LOL! Hopefully that improves before the end!
This past week also brought two West Palm Beach V.I.P's to Houston. Shout out to Tiffany and Cheri for making the 17 hour drive to Texas to spend some quality time with their friend :). It's crazy how just having some friends visiting from back home can make everything feel so normal again. They represented my entire work family and amazingly enough, they truly made it feel like I was walking the halls of COT again with everyone there. It felt great! I showed them what I could of Houston and then when we ran out of things to see.....we drove to San Antonio to see what they had to offer! Take that Cancer! We even had a theme song for the weekend...."The stars at night, are big and bright......DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!" Pee Wee Herman was right.....if you start singing that anywhere in Texas, the locals will finish it! Ask Cheri! Jude and Riley are even starting to finish it when we start singing. Should I be worried? :) Next up on the visitor list, Anna! Let's see what trouble we can get into when she gets here!

Hurdles:
-blah days

Jewels:
-having brandt, the kids, my mom, and my dad here with me! Wow! Love it! I need my brother here now!
-having a great weekend with two super star friends!
-the pizza I had in San Antonio.....tasted just like the pizza I ate in Italy...no lie!!!
-getting mail! I love all the cards and notes :) Brandt brought up the mail I got at home and then some came here to the Texas address too! You guys rock! I heard from college friends, co-worker friends, past co-worker friends, and family members! The simplest thing makes the biggest difference in someones day :) Thank you!
-the lack of side effects so far...fingers crossed!
The famous pizza I had in San Antonio...OMG! 

Cowboys and girls! Hey, we're in Texas......we had to!

My world!

I finally made it to the Container Store!

One of Houston's pretty spots!

My little scientist at the Children's museum!

Orange and Blue flowers all along I-10 between Houston and San Antonio! Beautiful! We may or may not have pulled over and frolicked in them....and picked them.

West Palm VIP's  on the River walk in San Antonio!

Oh my! I love her! Riley the diva!


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your Blogs Mary!!!! I'm so darn proud of you and so happy your surrounded by loving, positive people!!! Go Girl!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete