Wednesday, February 19, 2014

day 2: "I'm not crazy, my mom had me tested!"

"I'm not crazy, my mom had me tested!"

I was woken up today with a call from C, Dr. W's PA, the MRI results were in and I indeed have a brain (my dad still isn't convinced, he wants a second opinion!) ;) More importantly the scan was clear! What a great way to wake up! The rest of the day was free from all the medical stresses. While we're still waiting for calls to schedule more tests we took our bit of good news and ran with it! Today we were carefree tourists. The weather was beautiful so we took advantage of it and spent the afternoon at the Houston Zoo. It turns out this city has more to offer than the drab landscape and sterile medical buildings we first associated it with. We look forward to exploring more of these gems hidden within the city!

Tomorrow team Hawes is back to work! We want to nail down the schedule for this bronch (the last test before we decide our course if treatment). Calls will need to be made and gentle pressure may have to he applied, but it's all in a days work! After that, who knows?! The Container Store has been calling my name!

"When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars."- thanks for the quote Jenni! Today I was able to do a lot of looking at the stars and it felt great!

Today's hurdles:
-saying good bye to my dad and aunt kathy as they headed back to wpb
-missing brandt and the kiddos
-not being there for my Jude dude who is sick with a 100.8 fever :(

Today's jewels:
-a clear MRI scan
-spending the day like a tourist rather than a patient
-getting out and enjoying the fresh air at the zoo with great company, thanks mom and aunt deb.
- sleeping until 10 am.......yeah I said it, 10!
-seeing the wonderful faces of brandt and the kiddos via skype

Jewels win again! Let's keep this streak universe!

4 comments:

  1. awsome news!!! I love your blog it keeps the rest of the Casellas from going crazy waiting, and calling you every five seconds. We miss you though and want you home. I will call Brandt and see if he needs any help with the kids today. Grace is home sick today to so maybe I will see if Jude wants to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay asked about you today and I told him I didn't want to bother you that I just needed to check your blog first before bombarding you with questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss my shout out before? What!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa Garcia-HollandMarch 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM

    there is a very cool children's museum as well as an aquarium all in downtown Houston. Look for a City Pass, it's worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete