Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 3: Waiting....and waiting

Today we channeled our inner teenage girl.......we sat and waited by the phone, jumping every time it rang only to find it was another family member checking in to see if "we'd heard anything?" It's maddening to know something needs to be done and have no control over when it gets done. We did call and apply the pressure I promised yesterday, but didn't get far. According to the scheduler, pulm is the slowest moving department in the whole place.  With that being said, we were left with the guarantee that we'd hear from someone by 10 am tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a confirmed bronch for Friday! I'm ready to get this show on the road already!
Woo hoo for retail therapy though! We were able to squeeze in a little shopping today to help take our minds off the absence of that oh so important call. I'm super excited about my new Kris Carr book, Crazy Sexy Diet (thanks Erica and Tata for the recommendation!) I was so inspired by her first book, Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips, that I couldn't wait to snatch this one up. I realize that this battle isn't only going to be fought in the hospital, I have to strengthen my mind, body, and spirit. Kris Carr has given me the fuel to light that fire, well her and  the fact that life slammed me into a brick wall....lets just call it her though ;)

Dose of inspiration for my loving yet worried family back home: We've run into person after person here in Houston that are battling or have battled cancer,  many times far worse than what I'm facing, and are thriving! This is one battle I can win too (unlike the words with friends games against uncle joe.....what the crap?) I'm young, strong, and like my mom said......bitchy enough to sail through this!

Today's hurdles:
-no bronch scheduled yet
-as always....missing everyone back home, especially brandt and the kids

Today's jewels:
-jude is fever free.....daddy took good car of him!
-getting my new book
-hearing the inspirational stories of the other hotel guests

Close.....but luckily close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! Sill a win! Go jewels ;)


7 comments:

  1. Hopefully today the ball will get rolling. I know it's hard not being here with the wee ones. But there in good hands. They came over last night and had dinner with us. Riley is a trip by the way. Love you and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I hope your okay with me asking Brandt if I could post your Blog link on my FB page? If not, no worries...I'll take it down. See, Brandt is like family to us as are you and Jude and Riley. We want to show support wherever we can.Your in our thoughts daily and we are here to help Brandt with anything that comes up. I LOVE reading your Blogs! You are one amazing woman! Get back soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a very challenging road right now, and I admire your courage and strength to fight this disease. May you also find inspiration in one of my favorite quotes ... “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” — G. K. Chesterton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your personality still shines through in these words...you are AMAZING, as always :) Sending you lots of love from up here in good ol' Husker Nation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello this is Caleb Wesco, AKA MR. C

    Well I just found out today that this rare form of lung cancer pick a fight with the wrong lady. Mary you got this homie, I'm not even worried about this taking its toll, I'm just thinking of the testimony that WILL come out of this.

    You had my back at COT and have me great advice for lil things here and there. That was not over looked and it meant a lot to me. Well time for me to do the same. I GOT YOUR BACK; or in the ARMY they say "I will cover your 6." This is a fight and I'm in it with you.

    YOU GOT THIS GIRL!
    MR.C "I GOT YOUR 6."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete