Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day........ What Day is it? :Back to Life

I knew coming home for a bit would be good for my soul! Once I got back into my old routines I barely even remembered I am battling this little beast called cancer. Yes, little beast because when I am cuddling with my kids, making, lunches, doing laundry, cooking meals, cleaning the house, doing the shopping and other daily jobs it becomes a distant thought in my mind. They say to keep living my life, and I definitely am! By the time the kids are in bed I fall into bed myself! No time to dwell on it!

Thanks to my dad and Erika, we had another wonderful distraction (which is another reason I haven't posted in a few days.) We are now Disney World Annual Pass holders and we broke them in this weekend. Florida folks know how exciting this is :) Now we can drop into Disney anytime we want for the next 365 days. These passes also take the "oh my god, I just paid $100 to get in this park I'm doing EVERYTHING, I'm closing this place down" mind set. Or as Brandt likes to call it, The Disney Death March. We actually left the park while the sun was still out because hey, we can come back next weekend if we want to! So needless to say, my mind didn't give any time to cancer this Saturday and Sunday. It was all about seeing the smiles on Jude and Riley's faces at the happiest place on earth!

Schedule Update: As I mentioned in an earlier post we're heading back to Houston this weekend. I found out yesterday that the week will be jam packed with MD Anderson fun. Monday: consult (cardiopulmonary), Tuesday: EBUS ( the biopsy of my lymph nodes), Wednesday: Day off, Thursday: radiation consult (just getting our ducks in a row, in case), and Friday: medical oncologist (hopefully, still waiting for conformation on that one). We fly out on Sunday from Tampa.

Nutrition Update: Still going strong! I'm doing my juicing (kale, broccoli, spinach, celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger, green apple is my go to every morning) Even Brandt is eating the crazy good salads I've been making for lunches. I didn't even fall off the wagon at Disney where smells of funnel cakes, french fries, and hamburgers fill your nose! I may or may not have swiped a couple of Jude's fries....don't judge! I only call that dangling my toe off the wagon!

Hurdles:
-getting everything in order for next week's trip

Jewels:
-Disney weekend (thanks again Dad and Erika!)
-Being home with my family
-mastering this juicing thing!


2 comments:

  1. Ignore this.......trying to figue out why some people can't post comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping having fun Mrs Hawes!! I know your name is Mary and I will try and call you your name but it has been so many years calling Mrs Hawes it's a hard habit to break lol;)

    ReplyDelete